About Me

Tales from a semi-vegetarian, part-time Buddhist, completely neurotic, mom(but it doesn't define me) brazilian waxer/writer suffering from crippling self-doubt.

What do you get when you mix equal parts brainy, bimbo and bawdy? You get Chris, a.k.a. FormerlyFun. In 2000, this saucy minx moved from the great midwest cheese state to Southern California and she never looked back, mostly because her neck hurt from all that driving. She's patience-challenged with a penchant for trouble making and a P.H.D. in whining. She has a wide and varied fan base(her mom and husband) and she is the founding member and president of the Politeness Police. Chris, a master in the art of Brazilian bikini waxing, owns a small day spa where she makes the beautiful women of Southern California hair-free, jealous much?


Chris has a hunky husband who keeps her in line (and fixes her html and xml and bdsm and photoshops stuff like Sarah Palin Toilet paper for her and sometimes gets irritated when she's blogging instead of having sex with him) and three amazing, goofy kids that keep her running in circles.




Want advice? Do you have a skincare/waxing question? Want to complain about my swearing? Want to tell me I'm funny? You can contact me at www.formerlyfun@aol.com.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

 

7 comments:

Twenty Four At Heart said... April 14, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

I wrote a post about getting waxed today and a reader told me to check out your blog. I'm in Orange County and it's very nice to make your (virtual) acquaintance!

RhabbKnotte' said... June 13, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

Why "Formerly Fun" and how long would it take for me to become an artiste' at Bikini Waxing? Why did I never consider that as a career? For a different view consider www.funinfuneral.blogspot.com

thanx for the add on twitter #RK'

Ellie said... November 14, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

You wax?!!!

Bless you!

x

Anonymous said... April 6, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

There's no such thing as a semi-vegetarian. It's like being semi-married.

Anonymous said... September 15, 2010 at 4:32 AM  

Hi!
I've been following your blogs for a while, anonymously..
ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? It would be much easier for me to be updated when you post something that way :)
Thanks!
A

Robin Thomas said... April 6, 2011 at 6:09 AM  

I am semi-vegetarian. I have meat free days. Which is the same way I am semi-married.

Anonymous said... November 15, 2017 at 6:05 PM  

I'm semi-vegetarian too. Vegan x twelve yrs, then added my own chickens' eggs (not my own eggs, i don't eat my periods lol)and humane-certified organic pasture-raised cheese and fish oil from sardines, imbibe the liquid aka sans gelatin.
so i suppose you could call me pesco-ovo-lacto-vegetarian, but i prefer "vegan outside my home" and i don't care to call myself anything inside...
oh and what does all the way married mean anyway?
thanks Anonymous, let me know what to call myself when you find me...
Love,
Anonymous

Post a Comment

Ajax CommentLuv Enabled fc364964f7fd2cca9729ec8fc1ef9641